WAGE PEACE BRIEFING
Many of us are concerned about Australian arms sales to the Saudis. But we want you to know that
1/ the US stopped fuelling Saudi war planes
2/ several European countries have stopped selling arms to the Saudis
3/ the Liberal party have dumped General Jim Molan – demoted to the bottom of the Senate ticket. YAY!!!
We would like to claim #PeakMilitarism – but we don’t think it’s quite so yet.
WAGE PEACE BRIEFING:
Arms sales and the export of #toxicSAS abuse: How are they linked?
Our guests are Darryl Bullen and Graeme Dunstan with Margie Pestorius
Friday 14th December
6:00-7:30pm AEST, 5:00-6:30pm Qld time, 5:30-7:00 Central Australia time, 3:00-4:30pm WA time.
The #toxicSAS serving and alumni are currently known to be training in Indonesia, Marawi, UAE, Cambodia, and probably PNGThe briefing will cover the following
- The United Arab Emirates [UAE] are involved in arms deals with @cpyne defence minister
- The UAE are in Yemen embroiled in human rights abuses
- The head of the UAE special services is an Australian ex-#toxicSAS – a mercenary overseeing other mercenaries.
- The Australian parliament still has ex-#toxic SAS – Andrew Hastie MP – nominated for alleged abuses in Afghanistan.
- The Australian parliament has an ex-member of the Raytheon board Brigadier Linda Reynolds. Molan is gone! yay!
- Despite abusive practices the SAS are still regarded as heroes
- Despite little evidence of peace-success, there practices are being exported for sale.
The #toxisSAS report is still not finalised. Assange is still abandoned despite over 25 Wikileaks actions that changed our whole view of how power operates.
- Who are #realheroes? Assange is the #realhero? They are #notHeroes? What is the #hashtag? :0
- Nonviolence and diplomacy are dead: where is the training in the practices of civil society?
- Looks like Coffey International is organising the mercenaries – Who are they? Where are they? They have a lovely webpage.
Then we will discuss
- What are our pathways to action? Social Media? Action?
- What dots need to be connected: key people with key events/sales/visits?
- How to connect with people who have good intel?
- How do we speak and write about these things?
- Who do we communicate to?
See you there!
Margaret Pestorius from #Wagepeace
By phone: 02 8015 2088. They will prompt you for the meeting id 880746689
Video link is https://zoom.us/j/880746689
Those of us working on the project are around the country and we invite you to play with us or donate!
joins people and projects
reveals pathways for action
keeps digital platforms
for people wanting to #endwarculture.
WAGE PEACE provides strategic messaging and digital campaign support
for campaigns and groups disturbing war and militarism in Australia.