Beware! You’ll be challenging the military industrial system …
We are building a team of volunteers to support anti-militarism ACTIONS, ACTIVITIES, COURT CASES AND EVENTS, so those DOING the Actions, taking the risks have a support team to amplify our collective message: #demilitarize!
We create pathways in the great garden of social change activity.
BACK UP WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH ANTI MILITARISM ON THE GROUND
- Call out for participating on #ToxicSAS. In 2014, four peace activists were tied up and threatened by soldiers who arrested them at the Swan Island Military Training facility during protests against the SAS involvement in Afghanistan. This is a civil liberties issue related to the right to protest safely. The protesters have brought a civil case which will be held in the Victorian County Court from August 12 2018 in Melbourne. Sign up here to get updates and contact us to be directly involved. Join Sam Quinlan, Greg Rolles and Dave Sprigg in Melbourne for case.
- Follow the IPAN campaignsas IPAN groups around the country build the movement and remember #peaceisUNIONbusiness
- #Giveemtheboot: Collect boots from op shops in Sydney and deliver to Nick Deane. Contact Nick Deane, Marickville Peace Group.
WAGE PEACE DIGITAL
Build your digital skills with us here at WagePeace. We see social media as a workspace where we work as a team to amplify the work of ordinary people.
We seek better coordinated focus. We might help clarify hashtags, objectives, targets : who are we aiming at. For example, direct posts to @Marisepayne and @cpyne the defence ministers can be used to focus messages.
Use Facebook Twitter and Instagram together to amplify actions and activities.
Work together to broaden where our posts and tweets land – particularly leading up to and during events.
- Create Infographics: turning research into INFOGRAPHICS which can be quickly learned and shared in social media.
- Writing reflections and commentary for our web page
- Taking action with courageous activists on the ground.