WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE MARINES ARRIVAL IN DARWIN HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL INVOLVED.
URGENT ACTION TO STOP MARINES ARRIVING IN DARWIN. CANCELLED
Contact Defence minister Linda Reynolds 0262777800
Make the following points
- homeaffairs alerts have banned entry to the Country from ALL countries especially high risk countries such as the USA
- USA citizens and travellers are already highly contagious.
- ASK: What are they doing about?
- Don’t let them fob you off with an email.
- Emphasise the vulnerability of Indigenous people in Darwin.
- Refuse transfers from Guam
- ASK: have they taken transfers from US military in Guam
Write now to @LindaReynoldsWA
Linda Reynolds Minister for DefenceMinister@defence.gov.au, 2020-03-30
Good afternoon Minister Reynolds,
Could you please confirm whether the next deployment of US marines to Darwin has been suspended until after the Covid-19 coronavirus crisis has passed. When was the 2020 rotation expected? Sometime in April 2020? As you know, the Australian government has blocked non-citizens from entering the country:
“From 21:00 AEDT 20 March 2020, only Australian citizens,residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia. From 23:59 AEDTon 28 March”.
Please confirm whether your department will act responsibly and in accordance with Federal Government emergency policy measures, and confirm that this rotational deployment will now be suspended until the Covid-19 coronavirus crisis has passed.
Could you please issue a Media Release confirming your decision and place this on your website so the actions of your department are transparent to all Australians.